Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 2 September 2010

Painting

I have been thinking about surface decoration for about 10 or 15 years now. (Don't rush me! It takes a while.) I have had one or two unsuccessful attempts, which has just made me think about it more. In the latest "Quilting Arts" magazine there was an article about painting fabric with watercolour paint, which sounded easy to me because I have watercolour paint in my art cupboard. So on sewing day I painted. Grandson helped too. I'm not incredibly happy with this, but I think it's a method I could use again and improve upon. So when I get a spare moment I think I'll give this another go.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Sometimes you have to think about things before you jump in!

I'd be really interested to see your next effort.

I had such a laugh at the thought of you in Ikea in your slippers too., You win! I actually dressed to go to Ikea last weekend. (Only cos Mr. P made me )