Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 7 June 2012

Yesterday's sewing...

Shhhh!
 So there is quite a bit of secret sewing going on here. This was yesterday's lot, and today I plan to sew a bunch more!


I did manage to quickly piece this starflower. I think I will piece this quilt by stealth. This is the third block. These blocks are really big, 16.5" square, so I won't need too many to make a decent sized quilt. But that's the question. What is a "decent sized" quilt? What is your favourite size?

6 comments:

Lurline said...

Mine is lap size - easy to handle!
Hugs - Lurline

Dolores said...

The secret sewing looks very nice! I would say lap size too, maybe 60"x70"??

Leanne said...

Big enough to cover me with a bit of over hang. I hate my feet sticking out.

Lotti said...

Wow, you've done heaps of sewing ..... can't wait to see what it looks like at the end.

Shay said...

Most of my quilts are about 65 x 65...any bigger than that and I seem to lose interest well before the project is done !

Daisy Jayne said...

I love a large quilt to wrap around and snuggle up in ...........but that depends on how much fabric I have to start with