Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 18 June 2012

Good Fortune Quilt Top

Good Fortune by Kate Spain jelly roll race quilt top.
So I had great hopes of finishing my secret swap today and working on all those projects I "should" be working on, but today turned out not to be that day. I decided I needed to do something fun and this was it. A jelly roll race has been in my head for a couple of months now. At first I had no idea what was meant by the term. I don't think I'm stupid, but I had no clue whatsoever! One evening I watched a YouTube video of someone actually sewing one of these quilt tops. (Who knew anyone would video that? And that it would be on YouTube? Ok. I'm pleading IT ignorance here, cause every kid in the room is coincidentally discussing how you can learn anything from YouTube. It's like they can read my thoughts!) So I made one. I didn't race it though cause I'm just not that fast. And isn't it beautiful? I bought my jelly roll from Want it Need it Quilt here and just want to quickly order more!!! (Excellent service. I ordered before lunch and had my jelly roll before lunch the next day.) Next up is basting. Oh yeah. That's one of those "should" jobs I was avoiding. I have four quilt tops on my desk waiting for basting now. Hmm..... Wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow?

6 comments:

grandmarockton said...

Beautiful but look out they are addicting

Shontelle said...

I love that fabric line. Your quilt looks gorgeous. I know what you mean about learning anything from You Tube - I once spent an entire evening watching videos of girls teaching different hairdos. I didn't actually do any, but it was entertaining.

Pip said...

I have a jelly roll but have yet to make one of these. I've also seen them where the pieces run vertically, both ways look good. Spray baste :)

psp fans blog said...

Way to go - I really like that colour mix.

I dont like that word 'should'. Banish it dear!!!

Lotti said...

I've always wondered what you do with the jelly rolls .... I love what you've done with it. I love the colours ... so pretty.

Shay said...

I love it Kris. Tres Gorgeous!

Those jelly roll race quilts are fantastic to make , quick, easy and you never know exactly how they're going to end up until the very end.