Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 12 May 2011

Two quilt tops in the making.

Some of you may remember that I am to become a grandmother again later this year. We know the sex of the baby and I picked up an appropriate charm pack from Hettie's Patch a couple of visits to Adelaide ago. I think it is Pom Pom de something? By French General. Anyway, when I was in Foothill Fabric and Threads more recently I saw that they had some of the same range so I bought some to go with my charm pack. Then I thought about it. I decided to make half square triangles and had a layout in my head, but didn't like that once I placed it on the floor. Tonight I arranged this layout and I think this is the one I will go with. I'm still deciding if I want borders. I will probably go with borders because I don't think this quilt will be big enough otherwise.
These are my finished Tis the Season blocks. They are put together like this in Natalie Bird's book. I am thinking sashing and corner stones and maybe some flying geese borders? Lol! Can you tell I have fabric left? I did go to Spotlight yesterday to get some homespun, but they didn't have any! Well, ok. They had brown. This so is not a brown quilt!!! Anyway. I'm still thinking about it. More sewing tomorrow I think. Sweet dreams!

10 comments:

Katherine said...

I think it's safe to guess that your newest grandbaby will be a girl. Congrats, Kris! Such pretty fabrics and a lovely design for your quilt.

Your Tis the Season blocks look fabulous. I love the colour combination! What a fresh and fun quilt.

Suzanne said...

I like both quilts...good job! And congrats on the upcoming granddaughter!

Pip said...

Definitely not brown, and I think the baby quilt needs a border, maybe in the red colour, it's looking good.

Shay said...

The Pom Pom De Paris quilt is cute. (I looked at the exact same colour for sashing for that fabric a week ago!) Your little granddaughter will look so cute snuggled beneath it.

Love that you used unexpected colours for the blocks on the Tis The Season quilt. It looks wonderful!

Leanne said...

That is a lovely fabric range, it is amazing what you can do with 1/2 square triangles I really like that lay out.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Quilt looks great. I like the blue and green together. Congratulations on the baby - is it baby 3 for your daughter or is it one of your other children? Anyway, that's exciting!

Pip said...

I left a comment on Thursday but apparently Blogger has swallowed it up. You could make the borders for the baby quilt in the dark red colour, or maybe that would be better for the binding.

Still plugging away at my Tis the Season, although I have cut all the border and binding fabric out, you're right though it doesn't need any brown.

Jill said...

I really like the colours and design you've chosen. You are so prolific Kris - do you ever sleep ha ha?

Kate said...

Love the embroidery in the blocks! Great colours.

Chookyblue...... said...

your blocks look great Kris.......so when is the baby due?