Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 22 November 2010

Warm day here

It feels now like maybe summer is on it's way. It was hot today and our air conditioning got a good workout. At the end of the working day we sat around outside under our pergola and talked about the possibilty of going to the beach. It's just a five minute drive away, but somehow that just seemed too much like hard work tonight. Lazy summer days are here!

I went to Hettie's Patch this morning and bought some cotton batting for that darn table runner. It is now together and I have started the quilting. I think I will finish it tomorrow. I have also been thinking a bit more about my handmade Christmas. I won't be pedantic about the whole handmade thing, but will try to incorporate handmade items as much as possible. I am watching Kirstie Allsopp's "Handmade Home" on Foxtel at the moment. I really enjoyed the first series and this second series is as good as the first. Whatever you think of Ms Allsopp or her show it is sometimes quite unbelievable to me that society in general now "thinks" about doing things the handmade way. It's kind of nice! So for me it will be a "handmade Christmas"ish!

6 comments:

Shay said...

Way to go you!

I just stay stitched that windmill quilt of mine so I can think about the first border, but it's too hot to do anything else.

Mr. P decided to be frugal and didnt put the air conditioning on today and it's like an oven in here.

Levin said...

i don't mind the drive to the beach (although for us it's a good 15 minute run) but it's the fact that you can't find a park and you can end up walking for ages....:(
that's why i prefer it in the morning, before the hoards come out. but there is something spectacular about the beach in the evening. actually the beach is pretty amazing all the time :)
stay cool
l
x

Joolz said...

I would visit the beach everyday if it were not for all that sand that gets brought home and traipsed through the house! Lol!

It would be good if we had a few weeks of mid 20's to ease us into the summer,eh?

Joolz

Pip said...

I flopped around the house yesterday, I don't really like the beaches in Adelaide, not enough trees and too much sand.

Lucky-1 said...

Oh I love Hettie's Patch....ladies are just so lovely and helpful. Fabric is ever so yummy too.

Louise said...

Remember sizzling on Glenelg beach last January! Ooh, lucky you with summer ahead. We would quite happily spend three months over our wintertime in Oz every year, if we could! Anyone in your household going to be following The Ashes? x