Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Monday was such a beautiful day.

It was a truly glorious day today. Really lovely spring weather! We haven't had much spring weather so far so today was even more wonderful. (After the last couple of weeks of 40+ temperatures spring weather is most welcome.) I managed to do some stitching and worked on Miss 17's formal dress. She fell madly in love with Jeffery's yellow checked couture dress from Project Runway. She loves the skirt, but not the bodice, so......

we chose the bodice in the photo above. We have several different checked fabrics and whilst none of them are incredibly yellow, they do have some yellow in them. (The original dress had three or four different fabrics in it.) So Miss 17 is pretty happy. I will be spending this week sewing her formal dress. And stitching redwork of course! I've nearly finished my redwork block of the month. Good thing too because I have just received the first of my new block of the month which I will show you later!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh it sounds exciting Kris, I'm looking forward to seeing it, enjoy working on this one. :)

Leanne said...

It sounds like a challenge to me. Looking forward to seeing miss 17 all ready for the formal. The weekend was rather nice.

Lotti said...

I can't wait to see the finished product, preferrably with Miss 17 in it.

Renee said...

oh wow - I can't wait to see it all finished! Your daughter is very lucky to have something like that made for her