Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 5 November 2009

9 Patch Swap Sent (Oh, and did you know that it is November?)

I love swaps! So much fun! This is my pile of 72 9 patches that I sent off. Six different colour/fabric combos, 12 of each combo. Our Swap Mama will send me 72 squares back, but they will all be different! How cool is that. Then I will assemble my quilt top and quilt my quilt. This is the last swap for this year for me. I got a little swapped out and decided to take a break. I love the challenge of swaps (they really encourage me to try things I have never done before!) they have really increased my confidence and my abilities. I have learnt lots of new things this year and tried lots of new things too. Oh, by the way, it's November! This year has just flown by and I guess I am already thinking about the new year and the goals I will set for myself. I am looking forward to Christmas. Can't wait to set up my decorations and lights and make everything twinkley! Mrs 25 has already got her tree up. As soon as it hits November her tree goes up! I had a lovely surprise when I went to church on Sunday. Our new ward (congregation) often has organ and piano duets for prelude music and last Sunday they were playing Christmas carols! Such a lovely surprise!!! Usually Christmas carols are reserved exclusively for December and you don't really have enough time to enjoy them, so it was lovely to listen to them! I feel all warm and fuzzy now with all this Christmas talk! I'm off to sew now.

10 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, Kris - beautiful fabrics and I'm in the swap, too, so I may end up with one of yours - hope so!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Chookyblue...... said...

this has been a great swap...........can't wait to get all the blocks back.........

Sarah said...

Gosh you have been a busy beaver.

Carols already!

Anonymous said...

They look fantastic, all the once I have received so far are beautiful and well made, should be a great swap.

cheers
Christine

Lotti said...

I can't believe it's so close to Christmas ... the year has just flown.

Leanne said...

When I first looked I thought you had done 729 blocks I was impressed. Still impressed at 72 nine patches. How exciting waiting for them to come back.

kath001 said...

Hi Kris, I just popped over from Joolz'. Love your nine patches! I haven't quilted in so long, and I think it's calling me!

Lorraine said...

thanks for letting me know it is November! I would have missed it otherwise I am sure....the year is going so quickly make sure you let me know when it's December....or I might miss my birthday and Christmas.....great looking blocks.....I have to finish my SSCS soon and get it in the post....November 25 seemed like such a long way in the future when I signed up...LOL!

Suzanne said...

I'm with you...there's never enough time for Christmas music. One of my favorite radio station has started playing carols during the weekend!

Jenny said...

It feels like February!!! Love your patches what a great swap idea-hope you are keeping cool