My diamond quilt top is almost together. It has been an interesting experience. I am a bit of a perfectionist so there has been lots of unpicking. (I do tend to exaggerate normally, but I'm toning it down here for the blog. Usually I would say that I had unpicked a million seams! So lots is quite tame for me.) I was despairing when I only had about one sixth together. It seemed as though I would never get it done to a standard I could live with. I was close to chucking it in the bin. (I considered getting out the fabrics and cutting out a whole bunch of squares to replace the diamonds. You know, I know squares!) But that whole practise makes perfect thing kicked in and I started to get the hang of it. The missing diamonds (it should be a rectangular shape) are together, I just need to join them to the quilt. It is just a small quilt, but I have spent soooooooo much time on it! I wanted the diamonds to be small (they are about two and a quarter inches from tip to tip on the long axis of the diamond once they are sewn in) so that they would be in proportion for a small quilt. Tomorrow morning I will quilt it and do some raw edge applique on it. I am pleased with it so far. I am also pleased with myself because I have learnt something new. Okay, so enough back patting. Back to the sewing machine!