Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 11 January 2009

Create, make, craft

Yesterday my Bradley put some shelves up in my studio. I couldn't resist quickly putting some of my paints on them so I could feel like I might start painting at any moment. I've been thinking about my goals for 2009. All that thinking led to my latest header. Create, make, craft. I think that's what I want to do this year. The Adelaide Central School of Art says that it finds meaning through making. I really like that. Meaning through making. That's my goal for this year, what I hope to accomplish. Not completely sure exactly what that making will be yet. I know I'm going to sew (couldn't live without it!) and paint, but that's all I know for now. Just have to get started I think and see what develops! It's kind of exciting!

7 comments:

Lotti said...

Sounds like a great Idea. I'd like to think that I can achieve/create something this year. I want to do quilting and am aiming to make one quilt and if that's all I achieve as far as quilting goes, I will be very happy. My other goal is to do the sewing that I have in the pipeline at the moment. I'll work on that and then think of the next thing to do.

Lotti said...

Love the new shelves, very nice, nice colour too. I'd love to have such a handy husband around the house.....but then just having a husband would be nice!! LOL

Cosy said...

I like that philosophy. I think I'll adopt it too.

It's nice to have a place for your things, isn't it? I love the look of the paints. Lovely to see the colours. Mine are in a tub with a lid!

Carolyn x

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That sounds like a great plan! I love the new header for your blog.

Jenny said...

Great shelves and yes I too like the idea you expressed so well.

Jantine said...

Your room is getting very pretty I think... (would like to see more pictures!) I am looking forward to see what you will be sewing this year too, so good luck and enjoy it!

Bird Bath said...

best of luck with your creative inspirations. Having the paints handy will be a step in the right direction.