Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 6 January 2013

January blocks (do. Good stitches)


Made from my scraps in blue and aqua, these are my January blocks. I pulled out the blues from the scrap basket before January started, but it took me this long to get them together. Too much on my mind to sew I think. I love scraps! They are so evocative. I remember all the things I have made with these fabrics. It's nostalgia and a little thrill of excitement and recognition all rolled into one. These blocks were quick and easy to make and the instructions came from the Moda bakeshop site here.


I'm glad to have finished them. I will post them off tomorrow and then I can tick the "done" box! Next up? Quilting.

5 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Your block is delightful.

Grit said...

I love your blocks.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Shay said...

Love the star block.It looks fantastic in blues.

Im pretty sire I have that "recipe" pinned somewhere to make a whole quilt.

Leanne said...

I never seem to use scraps not sure why. Cute blocks.

Jenny said...

The colours are lovely with the white