Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Quilt top!

Dallin's 18th quilt
 I finished putting the borders on this quilt top last night. I figured I would wait for daylight to photograph it and as you can tell from these photos there is plenty of daylight today! (Well, it has been pretty overcast and the sun popped out right at the moment that Maxim - Mr 18 - was available to hold it up for me! It is dark again now.)

without the lights in front of it
Dallin is a friend of my kids' and drawing a block for this quilt was a part of his surprise 18th birthday party. It has turned out to be a good size (73" x 54") and I am hoping to stretch and baste it today so that I can finish it off and give it to him! So that's now five quilt tops waiting to be basted. I think that tells you that I am not yet over my basting phobia! Must go practice basting!!!

2 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

That is a fabulous 18th birthday quilt...I'm sure the birthday guy will love it, it's so personal and perfect for a Mr.

Pip said...

You are so lucky to have someone tall enough to hold your quilts up for photography :)

I really like the sashing and borders fabrics, nice graphic prints.