Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 11 June 2011

The middle of a long weekend...

... which makes this weekend sound boring and tedious, but it is anything but. We are celebrating the Queen's birthday this weekend with a public holiday Monday. Picklesticks decided to come to Melbourne for the long weekend with grandson and granddaughter. They arrived with Miss 24 on Thursday. Then the early hours of this morning saw Mr 22 and his bride arrive with Miss 19 along for the ride. So almost everyone is here visiting with us this weekend. I made pasties (Veggie pasties and lamb and carrot pasties) for dinner. Haven't made so many pasties for a long time!

10 comments:

Leanne said...

Have a great weekend Kris. It is always special with extra family around enjoy.

Shay said...

Enjoy being together and making mountains of food to feed your hungry hoard.

Im so pleased you're together this weekend. Have fun!

Debbie said...

Just curious to know what you put in your vege pasties? Thanks Deb

thea said...

Those look so yummy, not at all like the pasties we get in Michigan's UP.

Levin said...

Wow - I love pasties and there seems to be enough there to spare one or two for me!!
How nice to have so many of your family visiting - enjoy the rest of your long weekend :)
l
x

Lotti said...

Those pasties look totally delicious ... wish I was there to enjoy them too. Hope you have a wonderful w/end with your family xoxo

Pip said...

Oh yum, your photo of the pasties was the first thing I saw on my reader, I haven't had lunch yet so I'm drooling.

Jantine said...

Enjoy the weekend with all the kids around, those moments are precious with them living in all different places!

Katherine said...

Oh, so glad to hear that most of your family was with you for the long weekend. Looks like you had lots of yummy food to eat!

Louise said...

Your pasties look very appetizing Kris. I daresay it didn't take long for there to be just crumbs on the plate. x