Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 24 February 2009

The bag - given away!

So, I finally finished it! Saturday evening my Bradley and I went out on a hot date (something we try to do regularly) and both ended up feeling quite ill. We succumbed to a tummy bug at roughly the same time. (We must be in love!) I thought I would soon feel better, but didn't until today. Anyway, this is the bag. It's a bit bigger than the bags I made as Christmas presents, but it's based on those bags.
Another view. The bag is lined with bright blue homespun. It seemed to go so well with the soiree! The blurry photo below shows some detail of the inside of the bag. A hot pink zip and a pieced pocket finish the bag off.
And now for the winner. Miss 22 did the draw for me and she pulled out MissyMack! So Sam, you are the winner! Please email me your snail mail address and I will send it to you. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and lovely comments about my 300th post. Bloggers really are the nicest people! I am looking forward to the next 100 posts and my 400th post giveaway now. The idea of 100 posts is really exciting to me because of all the crafting and creating that it represents. I'd better start sewing!

11 comments:

Katherine said...

Congratulations to MissyMack on winning the beautiful bag you made, Kris.

Sorry to hear your date with your husband had you both come down sick. Hope you're both fully recovered.

Yes! I shall continue to look forward to your posts with all the wonderful things you create and share. Here's to the next 100! ;o)

Deb said...

Kris the finished bag is lovely, congratulations to Missy Mack, lucky lady

Gina said...

Congrats to the winner.

i hope your tummy bug didn't last too long

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Leanne said...

Great bag lucky Sam

MissyMack said...

Oh my goodness!! I am literally stunned speachless with utter amazement! I can't believe I won! I never win anything! And such a stunning bag! *runs around in circles with excitement*
Thank you so very much Kris for running your giveaway, and for making such a lovely bag. I always visit your blog and read what you are up to, and I'm still stunned that you are over 300 posts!!
Well, this has certainly brightened my very stressful few weeks with the bushfires, and I feel so honoured and blessed to have won.
Thank you so much!! I shall treasure the bag forever!

Bev C said...

Wow, the bag is beautiful, congratulations Sam, I can tell you are really pleased with your win. Happy days to all.

Pip said...

Congratulations Missy Mack.
I love how the blue patches in the bag seem to give it a lift. I hate it when my hubby and I are sick at the same time, glad you're feeling better now.
take care
Pip

Jantine said...

I am very happy some lovely person is going to get this lovely bag! Good luck with it!
Are you sure it wasn't food poisoning if you got ill at the same time after you went out together? I am glad you feel better!

Lotti said...

Hey Chris, love your bag, it is gorgeous.....I especiaally love the way you have brought out the blue/aqua in the fabric and and then put a pink zip inside....that is so nice.

Lotti said...

Can't believe I spelt your name wrong....not quite with it tonight...sorry Kris.

Beertje Zonn said...

What a beautiful bag!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn