Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 11 September 2011

My sewing room...

 ... has been in use today. It's not completely finished, but is set up enough for me to use it. I have been working on my Tis The Season quilt top which you can look at here. My sewing room is technically the dining room in this house. It has two eating areas though and we eat in the meals area next to our kitchen which leaves the dining room free for me to use.


Of course, the photo above shows just one side of the room. The other side is in the photo below.


Yep. It's a mess! The last few things to sort out. To find a home for. On Thursday I had the great idea of dealing with 5 items each morning before I start sewing, and had I done that the pile would be much shorter than it is. As it is... Perhaps I will start tomorrow morning! 

In less than perfect news, we found out last week that our house is to be sold and we will have to move. (Whaaaaat??? I just got the sewing room set up! *sigh*) 



12 comments:

Leanne said...

I am fairly sure I wouldn't cope with that news. Your sewing room that you will now have to pack up looks great.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now you have to pack it all up...love the creative mess there...LOL

Lotti said...

That will be difficult having to pack everything up again, just when you got things set up. I'm sending good and positive thoughts your way. Maybe the people that buy the house will keep it as a rental property ... fingers crossed.

Shay said...

Oh no! Cant you explain to the landlord that you just got your sewing room sorted out?

Creative mess is never really a mess - it's an inspiration space my friend.

Lorraine said...

I like Shay's suggestion! Just tell them they can't sell now.....! Love the room...both sides! Is that like the left and right side of the brain...??? one ordered the other more literal???
Have a great week ....and crap news about the house being sold :(

Pip said...

That is not good news especially now that your sewing room is set up. I'm liking all your labelled containers, very organised indeed.

Daisy Jayne said...

I do not think I could cope,I only move into my home 18 months ago and could not think of anything worse than packing up and unpacking again (chuckle)

Chookyblue...... said...

one side of your sewing area looks so organised.........bugger now you have to pack everything up when you just got it unpacked........goodluck finding another home with a good sewing area..........

Jantine said...

Oh no, having to move again, poor you... The sewing room as it is looks great! I think sorting a few things each day and allow yourself to sew too is pretty smart!

Suzanne said...

Ah nuts! So unfair, especially with a sewingroom all to yourself!

Sarah said...

What great storage!

Oh crap - you settle in and have the space for everyone and they sell it.

ARgh

Fingers crossed you will find a place quick sticks!

quiltygal said...

Bugga...all that packing again come back to SA we miss you !!