Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 29 December 2008

Secret Santa Christmas Swap (sent)


This is the bag I sent to Jeanne as part of the SSCS. I fell in love with this bag once I had made it. I really loved the fabrics (I got them from the quilt shop I discovered near the Fullarton Plant and Craft Market. Stitch in Time? Not sure of the name.) when I bought them, but I loved them more once they were together.



I made a makeup bag to go with it too. These fabrics just seemed to love each other. It was very hard not to show you these photos before Jeanne opened her gift! I didn't even do any sneak peeks because I was sure I wouldn't be able to control myself!

I even had some fabric left over to make a glasses case and drawstring bag (which to me is a pencil case, but you could put anything in it!). And the photo below shows the SSCS gift after it arrived at Jeanne's house. A little crumpled, but looking very delicious along with the quilter's staple - chocolate! You can read about Jeanne's reaction here. A big thank you to Donna (Chookyblue) for all her hard work in organising the SSCS. It was a truely wonderful experience for me. I really enjoyed getting to know Jeanne and reading her blog. (She has a lovely blog and is a very talented quilter. It was a little scary making something for her because her work is just so wonderful!) I also enjoyed getting to know Pat who was my secret santa. Her work is just lovely too! (I feel very lucky!) If you want to get a look at all the secret santa gifts pop over to Chookyblue over the next few days because she has started uploading all the photos of the gifts. Lovely, lovely, inspiring gifts to look at!

15 comments:

Julie said...

I think Jeanne really got spoiled. What a nice gift!

Lorraine said...

those fabrics are yummy....Jeanne sent me some lovely things in the Polka Dots and Rick Rack Swap a little while ago...she does lovely work and I am sure she loved those bags....!

Lotti said...

These fabrics look so good together....I especially love the floral....very pretty.....and the chocolate looks yummy too!!

Chookyblue...... said...

you did so well with combination of colours for this prezzie........it is great and I love the bags you made.......they all look fab...........thanks for being in the swap and hope you enjoy seeing what everyone else is making........

Gina said...

lovely bags.What great gifts to send out

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Leanne said...

I'm with you on the fabric it is really lovely...and you are right it is "a stitch in time" they have some nice finished projects in the shop which are great inspiration. Jeanne is very lucky.

Christine said...

Lucky Jeanne ... your gifts are beautiful. I love the fabrics too.
Christine

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Kris
cheers

Suzanne said...

I like your fabric combination....I should take you with me next time I go fabric shopping!

Anonymous said...

de bags is sooo nice.
i love it.

gretings sydney

dutchcomfort said...

You’ve made such great gifts!!

A happy, healthy, inspired and loving 2009!!

corry said...

Wonderful gifts! Wishing you a Happy New Year Kris!

Anonymous said...

All the things you made for your partner are great! I really like the fabric combinations you picked to make the bags.
Happy New Year!
Missy

Jenny said...

They sure are lovely. The fabrics do go so well together-you did a great job! That shop is awesome-there is always something to tempt you!It was a great swap wasn't it?

Sue said...

Hi Kris,
Love the bags that you have been making. Can you tell me what pattern you used. Thanks.
Cheers Sue