Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 27 December 2018

It's been so long!

It's been so long I'm not sure I even remember how to do this or even if there's still anybody out there who will read it. Not to worry. I have been busy writing in a book two of my daughters made for me for a #decemberdaily which has been so much fun! And I now have access to a computer - so blogging again makes sense to me. Not sure if I will get to adding photos to this post. This computer has no idea that I regularly take photos. We'll see how it goes.

It's 9pm on December 27th 2018. It's that time of year when I start thinking about how the year has been, what has happened and how I want 2019 to be different. Why is it I always want the next year to be different? Was this year so bad? Well, it wasn't wonderful. And I guess I really want wonderful.

This year was too busy and too full of things I just didn't want to do. (I'm such a whinge-bag!!!) I acquired a full-time job which involves loooooots of time and lots of worries. I don't know what this year holds. If you had asked me last December if I would be working full-time in twelve months time I would have told you you were crazy, but that's exactly where we are now, so who knows?



The photo above is my most recent sewing project. There haven't been many this year and that is something I want to change for 2019. We now only have four children living at home and the four are now all adults. It's the weirdest thing. For so many years (about 34) we had a kid or kids living here at our house, and now they are all grown up. Of course, they are all still my kids! And we are living in Melbourne again. Last time I posted we were living in Adelaide. Things do change, just maybe not the things I want to change!

Let's see if I can post something else here without a period of years passing.




3 comments:

Cosy said...

Lovely to hear from you again! -Carolyn

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey so good to hear from you. Wondered where you had disappeared to.. Been working fulltime for a few years now in town and it sure is challenging esp When I need to work fulltime on farm...

Chookyblue...... said...

so nice to see you blogging again........yes I am still here although very sporadic for the last period of time.......