Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 5 March 2013

March Bee Blocks


I had trouble getting to my Care do. Good stitches bee blocks in February. Things just kept coming up that kept me from doing them. So I figured I had better be better prepared in March. (Just in case something comes up!) I finished these scrappy trip around the world blocks this evening. I have been watching blogland go crazy for these blocks so I was pleased to give these a go myself. We used Quiltville's tutorial which you can find here, and the blocks were requested by teacupfaery (Jane) who blogs here. She called these "scrappy trip to the seaside" Hope mine are seasidey enough. Sorry for the dreadful photos. My new sewing room is terribly dark at night and the colours are not true. Sophie26 suggested that tomorrow we should go to Ikea and check out their lighting, cause this room sure needs it! She is busy sewing with me tonight. That was the whole idea of switching rooms. So more of us can sew together in the same place. Today Sophie26 and I sewed whilst Maxim18 carved. I am quite enjoying this new room!


5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh like the green blocks.......

Lotti said...

Love it .... even if the true colours aren't showing. Really nice.

Shay said...

Love that little leafy fabric.

Ikea? Again? Im starting to think you need to find some sort of support group for Ikea addicts...

Pip said...

Those blocks seem "seasidey" to me, hmm Ikea, I haven't been there for a while, just love looking around in there and seeing all the different ideas.

Anonymous said...

these blocks are so nice.xx