Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 19 July 2013

It's quiet at my house today.

Jess(picklesticks) and her littles (5, 3 and 1) left this morning for the long drive back home to Adelaide. (About 770km) I can't imagine such a long drive with three little ones on my own, but she says it is getting easier as they get older. So my house is quiet. Very quiet. Sometimes when they are here I can't wait for the house to be quiet. For the 6am crying to be a thing of the past. (I know I was the mother of eight little children previously in my life, but can I just state for the record that they were all quiet children. Hard to believe, but they were.) And then they leave and it's so very quiet. I do have some stickers and Uno cards to remind me that they were here.

Colour Catcher!
After dropping Lily16 to school this morning I popped into Woolworths and picked up some colour catchers. I have some new quilts to wash this morning and I need some "insurance" so that the colours don't run! I have never tried colour catchers before, just read about their amazing properties. I heard an ad for them on the radio a couple of months ago stating that they were now available in Australian supermarkets. I checked my local Coles, but they didn't have them. Today I checked Woolies and there they were. I've never experienced such excitement in the cleaning products aisle I think. Off to put a load of washing in!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Colour Catchers are fantastic...I have used them for a few years now and love them....the larger supermarket in my town has stopped stocking them so I found several packets in another store and bought them all ....couldn't be without them. Hope you have been able to get used to a quiet house again.

seabreezequilts said...

Was going to say Kris they have been in Adelaide for a number of years. Saved my bacon on one occasion I might add.

Shay said...

I love colour catchers...and I just started using them regularly too!

Leanne said...

When our 2 were little and would go stay at my sisters. Tony would often comment he thought he had gone deaf. Never used colour catchers.

Suzanne said...

We have a 2 yr old granddaughter who lives with us every other week. The week she is here, the house is alive with noise...but when she is at her Dad's, I miss the noise.