Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Goals

One of my goals for 2010 was to make some things for myself, and for my family. If you came into my house before then you wouldn't necessarily know that I was a quilter. I had made a lot of things, but had mostly given them away. Not like Loz's house and Claire's house. They have the most beautiful quilty homes. I'm sure most of you do because I see your homes on your blogs. As I was busy considering some goals for 2011 (a bit slow I know, but I will get there) I came across this photo. I love it! My table with the runner I made and the china I use every day that I collected from three different op shops! It makes me so happy to use this china every day. I had to convince my Bradley that it was a good idea. He was worried that since I love it so much it was too precious to use every day. We even put it in the dishwasher! So, some of my goals of 2010 were accomplished. It must have been a pretty good year!

8 comments:

Joolz said...

Yes, the runner looks lovely and the dinner set is really pretty. What's it called? I'm all for using what's pretty and takes your fancy for everyday. You are a long time dead, I say!

I bought two Spode (blue and white - my favourite) mugs today (because they were $17.95/ea (not on sale) and are usually $39.95. I questioned the lady who served me and she leaned over the counter and said... "you know, that Spode is made in China that's why it's so cheap!". The world's gone mad! Spode not made in England! Erk! I still haven't calmed down...

Cheers - Joolz

Anonymous said...

Love the table runner and yes I too use my favourite things like glasses and china as I see no point in having it to collect dust.
Kris you have won my little give away, it is a small surprise please email me your snail mail.

cheers
Christine

Lotti said...

Nice table runner. My theory is if it's that nice, why not use it all the time and really enjoy it. We often put the best things away because they are so nice, but why not get pleasure out of them and really enjoy their beauty.

Leanne said...

What a lovely homely table. I love the table runner. I have decided that 2011 is going to be the year of the quilt for me so I am going to make some quilts for our house. Quilts that will be used just like your lovely china.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

You are brave using the table runner during a meal. In my house a table cloth only lasts about 30 seconds before someone has spilled something on it. They don't spill a thing when I don't use one - but the second I put a table cloth on - it's like it causes seizures or something! lol And I love that you use your china everyday! I dream of one day using mine every day too - for now it only comes out at the holidays.

Shay said...

Loving the fancy schmancy china Kris and how fabulous does your table runner look on the table.

My house isnt really quilty either.

Louise said...

One of my goals for 2011 is to clear the loftspace, which I should be doing right this minute! The length of your table! Making the runner, must have been like running a marathon! I forgot to say, congratulations on reaching 600 posts too. That's some achievement! x

Candace said...

Your runner is lovely and so is your china. I agree, we might as well use our pretty things and enjoy them.